Friday, August 05, 2005

OOOH...I LOVE THIS GIRL

S
ince the day I met you, you've understood me.

Some have come and some have gone, but, other than my family, you've been the one constant in my life. At times, I feel that you're the only one that's on my same wavelength.

Ever since the first time I turned you on, we've been inseparable.

At first, you made me feel nervous cuz you were somethin' so new to me and I didn't know exactly how to feel. You were such a breath of fresh air back then...and now it seems that it's the only air I breathe.

When I wake up in the morning, the sweet sound of your voice fills me and let's me know that everything will be OK. You invigorate me and put the movement in my feet. As I shower, dress and get ready for my day...you're there with me. As I close my eyes and lay my head, it's your soothing whispers that put me at ease...

You always roll with me, and as I drive I know that others can hear you...but I don't mind. They look at us sometimes and I can tell that they just don't understand our vibe...that's cool. I hear their girls, too, and unlike you, they're loud, annoying and really ain't sayin' shit; just another flavor of the week. But I know that every once in awhile someone understands what we have, and they nod their head in agreement. They know your steez...

I know so many other brothas be telllin' you that they're diggin' you on a daily basis...but I guarantee you that they don't feel you the way that I do.

They hear you...but they don't LISTEN to you.

I try to tell anyone within earshot how special you are and what your purpose in life really is...but most people don't really care what I have to say. They think they know...but they just got the wool pulled over their eyes.

Through the ups and downs, you've been there with me. Be it lost loves and heartache...I can count on you. People close to me that have passed away...I came to you and you were there at the drop of a hat. When the day has been long and hard, I know that I can pull up a chair, cool out and listen to you. And that's all you ever ask of me...

You embrace me, and the beat of your heart fills my soul with cheer like nothin' else I can describe. Somehow, you always make me smile...

We've laughed together. We've cried together. We sing together and we're always in rhythm.

Sometimes you make me upset when I see the way you let people use you. They claim to know you, but they just say that cuz it's what you wanna hear. Years ago, they wasn't feelin' you...now they try to act like they've been down since day one.

I'm your biggest supporter...but I know I'm also your worst critic. I can be pretty brutal sometimes, but it's only because I care. I'm sorry for doin' it in public and around others, but to those that don't comprehend I say...learn the difference between dissin' and constructive criticism.

I was there for you when nobody was even sweatin' you. They like you for how beautiful you've become these past few years. But I discovered your beauty a long time ago and have come to appreciate you more for your true essence and soul. What seems like an eternity ago now was when you showed me the true meaning...and that was the turning point in my life.

My first eargasm...

You never knew it, but that was the moment that helped mold me into the person I am today. I've done some stupid things in the past, but that's never mattered to you. I can be rich, poor...handsome or ugly; you've always been by my side regardless

I'll admit that over the years you've changed more than I could have ever imagined and, realistically, I know that things will never be the way they used to be when you were golden. But at your purest, I know your soul wasn't made to be lost. And it never will. As long as I'm around, I won't let that happen.

I know I've never told you all this before. It's something that I've kept to myself for a long time, but I know in your heart you've always known my true feelings. But these last few months have been a bitch, and since then I've come to appreciate you more than ever.

I'm startin' to come to the realization that it might just be you and I for the rest of my years, cuz I know that long after I'm dead and gone you'll still be shinin' for all eternity. Just promise me that you'll meet someone that will care for you the way that I did...

But I know that someone out there will learn to love me and understand that I'll still feel about you this way no matter what. Cuz knowin' to love me is knowin' to love you.

You've been there for me when I was doin' the shit I had to do.

You're the love of my life...and that's true.

-RM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home