Tuesday, August 09, 2005

ALWAYS GOIN', BUT NEVER KNOWIN', WHERE MY FATE MAY LEAD


It's funny how the flow chart of life works...

We wake up every morning (shit, some don't even it make it THAT far...) havin' no idea what the new day has in store for us. Will it be a day full of events that will forever change the course of our own individual existences? Or will it be like countless others that pass on into the recycle bin of our minds, full of INSIGNIFICANT events that will never be recounted again?

What's happening right now, as I type these words with the sound of the TV in the background...will I remember this tomorrow? Are my actions at this very moment setting something ELSE in motion that I have no idea is comin' towards me?

Or do my decisions not even matter at all? Is my path in life preordained? Does a higher Being know my ending before the middle is even written?

I've been on both sides of the fence...and I still have no idea.


It would seem somehow poetic to know that my life is nothing more than a novel being played out on the surface of someone's mind...yours truly being the protagonist (or antagonist, as some would like you to believe :) along side a cast of characters in daily situations, all of whom are nothing more than the figments of some unknown author's imagination.

As I look at the world around me and the people and places it consists of, I wonder, "Are they all a part of MY story...or am I a part of theirs?" That thought is deep, but scary at the same time. Don't we all want to feel like we have a say as to what happens in our lives? That we suffer the consequences of our own decisions...and not someone else's?


But sometimes...I dunno

It seems like there is no possible way my life is planned for me. I've been so privileged to have met many people on this journey (and someone special in particular) who I don't think I would have met otherwise had I not made certain spur of the moment decisions. Or, I should say, had THEY not made certain decisions on THEIR part :)

If I had not met _____ , I wouldn't have met _____ . U know...that sort of thing. But maybe that's a part of the whole scheme. It's just unnerving to know that if I had changed my mind just one tiny bit, maybe things wouldn't have turned out this way. Maybe my path wouldn't have intersected with someone that it was meant to cross with in the first place. Maybe I wouldn't have met that one person that means so much to me.

I figured that maybe typin' out my thoughts would give me some sort of perspective on things, but now I think I'm more lost than ever. So I'll let that thought marinate.
Either way, don't be afraid to think outside the box and live a little. If you come to a fork in the road......go straight. When a new path opens up, take it and see where it leads. You never know who you may find...or who's waitin' to find you :)

Our lives may just be short stories in the grand scheme of things, but don't be afraid to snatch the pen and write your own chapter when no one is looking.

Hold ya heads, y'all. Peace...

-RM









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home