Tuesday, August 16, 2005

FOR NOW, I CHOOSE TO LIVE...CUZ DEATH'S TOO EASY

As I start the first day of my 26th year on this great ball of stress that we call Earth, I must admit...I'm feelin' good. The past year or so has revealed some things in me that I never knew existed. Since May or so of last year, I thought I would never have anything to look forward to anymore. Each new day just seemed like complete emptiness in my life...my world truly was in black and white.

I didn't wanna hear it at that point in my life, but I found that time really does heal all wounds. I got out and explored life with a new perspective on things...and since then, I have to say that this past year has been the most exciting time of my life. I've gotten the opportunity to meet some amazing people...some good and some bad. I could run down a list and name drop about the heads I've met, but I won't do that. First of all, most of 'em probably wouldn't appreciate it (I don't like puttin' someone on blast like that). And secondly...I don't think it would make a difference to any of y'all WHO I've met. Most of them you wouldn't know anyway (not by name, at least...) and it won't mean a damn to any of you. But I know who they are and bein' able to say I've met them at least once in my life means the world to me.

Before, I wouldn't have given myself the opportunity to go out and enjoy myself, to meet new people, but this new lease on life I've given myself has been a blessing in disguise. I'm doin' what I wanna do now and in the process, I've discovered in myself the person that I really am. I don't like to say that I live my life with any regrets, cuz the person I am today is the result of the obstacles I've encountered and the way I've handled that adversity...and I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. But the one thing I do wish I had done differently was taken the time to find my true self instead of puttin' it off. Sacrifices are a part of life...they come with the territory, and in love it's somethin' we all do. That's a sad story for another day, however. I ain't tryin' to think about that today, tho...I'm thinkin' positively. I keep the beats dirty and the thoughts clean :)

I don't usually like to make a big deal about today, cuz that's just not the way I roll. But I must admit...I miss havin' someone to make it a big deal for me :)

Big ups to Evy for doin' that to a certain extent this past weekend...thank you for that. I know how much you went outta your way for me and it's greatly appreciated.

And a VERY special thanks to you, Petty, for bein' the first one to make me feel special today. The fact that you remembered, kept me in your heart and called me from the other side of the world just to say hello today means more to me than you'll ever know. With that, you've given me the best gift. I hope I get it right this time......Molia!

So this is my gift to all of y'all. To everyone that's made an impact, be it good or bad, in the first 25 years of my life...I thank you sincerely. I wouldn't be the dude that stands before you today if our paths wouldn't have crossed. Here's lookin' forward to another 25!

An extra special shout-out to those who've made a positive impact, tho.

When my world was in black and white, it was y'all that taught me how to dream in color again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Peace, y'all...

-RM




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home