Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tears


Tears on the face of the clown
The clown symbolizes modern face of the Red, Black, Yellow and Brown
In the same situation, face down in the pavement, facin'...
A life sentence for tryin' to feed the babies, gettin'...
So close to the money, but so far from the home
So quick to defend somethin' we never owned
Fixin' packages, a product cooked over the stove
For some, it's the only life they know
Is it the fault of the system, or somethin' within us?
Conflicted cuz I know God, but I love bitches
I know wealth ain't everything, but I lust riches
To make the situation better for me and my niggaz
Much as I talk about it, there's gotta be somebody listenin'
In the areas where we ain't got a pot to piss in
There's Black, Latins and Asians in some bad conditions
We livin', the images on television imprison
Life influences children more than politicians and religion...



Tears on the face of the clown
The clown symbolizes modern face of the rapper in front of the crowd
Man, these labels really got it fucked up now
But there's more money than ever, so that's good somehow
CD's ain't holdin' us down
The record industry's fucked up, it's all about them downloads now
Fans figure, "Why pay if the music is free?

Never mind what it's doin' to me."

FUCK THAT...

I give money and time to this game of rap
I love the respect, but I can't get paid off that
I'm tryin' to cash in and get some of that back
Get rich and give some of that back
So the kids listenin' can stop pedalin' crack
'Til the cops stop committin' them heinous acts
Killin' all these people, and blamin' rap
We just can't let 'em get away with that...


-Self Scientific "Tears"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sucks getting spammed, dude. In any event, keep on assasinating hiphop as much as you can. Hiphops death is iminent, I'm sure!

In any event, sorry bout the Slang thing, but whateves.

D-u_D-e!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home